Become a part of our growing family at People's Day Service.
We are currently hiring:
Host Home Provider
Direct Support Professional
Provides individualized support and training to assist persons with developmental disabilities in developing skills and accessing varied social, recreation, leisure, and work opportunities within the community as well as facility-based activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implement, track, and record adaptive and/or behavioral Individual Service and Support Plans (ISSPs).
- Complete and maintain paperwork per People’s’s Day Service policy and procedures.
- Prevention and management of crisis to provide a safe environment.
- Provide supervision and actively engage participants while providing positive reinforcement.
- Provide training in self-care, physical and emotional maturation, socialization, communication, leisure, education, vocational and community skills.
- Implement habilitative activities per ISSPs.
- Facilitate opportunities in the community to be included in work exposure and experience, social activities and recreation leisure activities.
- Build natural supports and community connections.
- Maintain effective communication and active engagement in supporting the habilitation needs of assigned clients.
- Administer medications per individual’s order and document according to regulations.
- Ensure completion and maintenance of all relevant training requirements.
- Safely transport clients to and from day program and community connections, including compliance with all vehicle use policies.
- Implement protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force
- Physical condition to enable walking, standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Stamina to be on feet and active for full work day
- Ability to speak or exchange information in an audible manner
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, People's Day Service does not discriminate against applicants, sub-contractors due to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex (except where sex in a bona-fide occupational qualification, i.e. Consumer can only work with female staff) or any other basis prohibited by law. Furthermore, we will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because he or she is mentally or physically disabled, a disabled veteran, a veteran, provided he or she is qualified and meets the requirements established by People's Day Service for the job.